Sunday, July 19, 2015

Dreaming of Athens. No - planning it on the way!



I kept Athens on my bucket list for years.
First there were visas and it bugged me much because the only way to travel was over a travel agency.
So, I did not go to Greece then.
Then, when there were no visas any more - life took another course that influenced me to travel more locally.
I was happy with it at the time.
Sort of...
:)

Year 2015 is somewhat a special year for me.
Decided to do more traveling, studying, be better.
Do more for me.
Become me - again.
Widen my horizons.


So far this led me to Holland, Germany, Italy, Serbia, Croatia - and the way I am planning it now -  Italy again and then Greece, very soon.


Someone might say why Greece at this time?
The answer is simple.
The timing seems right.

And regarding the politics - that I do not plan to follow when I am there - it will be like being home.
Greeks are pussy cats when it comes to politics - if you compare them with us.
Trust me.
I know.

Image result for tsipras debt




Hm...
History repeating?


Balkan countries and Germany just have this very special bond.
But then again, why should we blame the Germans?
:)


I believe I will not be disappointed with Athens.
I love vintage photography, found these dating fifties to seventies.
Funny how fast these cities develop.





It is a vibrant city.
Combination of ancient, old and modern.






But then again, I rarely get disappointed by the big cities by the sea.
Especially by those with rich history.
Colorful minds and streets.










Expressive in many ways.












Now, don't get me wrong - I would really love to see Hong Kong or Singapore.
Hopefully one day I might.

But, being me - Athens will please my spirits more than Hong Kong.

Trust me, I know :).

I mean - there is no way you could see something like this in Hong Kong.
Take a look.

  
See?
Hahahaha.


Darn cute, aren't they?
...
Or, dancing politicians.
Woman in politics back then?
(Plus, she used to be an actress.)


And what about the famous art school?
Or the architecture...










Well, too bad that artifacts that I find most interesting are kept in France.
Or in Britain.
But then again...



While in Greece, I plan to visit both Amorgos and Athens.
Ten days of hiking, scootering*only on the island, sunbathing and swimming.
Next week I am taking scooter lessons!



Ten days of this in Greece.









Basically,
enjoying.



I have booked a 10m2 room at a modest little hotel at the epicenter of Athens.
Walking distance to most sites.
Well, I can cancel it anytime by the 1st of October.
If I go couch surfing...
Hopefully there are nice people who decide to let me in.
I am a great roommate.
:)

And I am so looking forward to visiting Anafiotika, Mt.  Lycabettus and Filopappos Hill.

But first thing first.
Drinks at 'A for Athens'.

What can I say other than:



...



No comments: