Wednesday, July 1, 2015

In the city of Amsterdam, you can have a lot of fun!




If you are a common folk, like I am, you will start exploring Amsterdam by heading out of the main railway station.
Amsterdam centraal.


You hit it left from here and you will pass by the library, Chinese restaurant and Nemo.





I had only one afternoon to explore the city, which is not much.
And I had to be back in Utrecht later that evening.

This was the first time I had visited Holland.
I had a great two day meeting in Utrecht, but decided to see Amsterdam as well since it was only half an hour train ride towards there.

Decided to take it easy, not to stress over and hit the road by the canals.
Amsterdam is known as the Venice of the North, now that I have seen both - even though I am in love with Italy - I confess that Amsterdam is magical, probably the most beautiful city I have been in * never mind the houses are not in my favorite colors...

There is just something magical in all these old, narrow tall houses with colorful shades, all crooked - leaning one on another...













 Heading towards Nieuwmarkt Amsterdam.




The Dam square, Amsterdam.











  





Let us take a walk towards the Flower Market.







My favorite little street, just near the Rijksmuseum.




I have managed to get by the tinniest two houses in Amsterdam.
The white one is near the Old Church and Red Light District.




This other one is right next to Dam and coffee shops.




The tinniest street in Amsterdam.
And waiting for 70 people to pass by.



This tinniest street leads to Red Light District.


Which is just next to the Old Church.






Since  I was already walking for hours, decided to walk all the way towards the Rijksmuseum.
It was already closed.














Yes, I am Amsterdam.
:)


These are the most photographed houses in Amsterdam.
I like the one with darts.
I still do not get what do they have here against colors blue and green...
Everything is black, cream or brown.



And my favorite photo that I took that day?

This is the one.


Raging bull.

:)

.....

No comments: