Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Bonn.Cologne and Drachenfels. Enjoying the rainy German summer.





I was in Bonn recently.
Work related.
It was successful.












  
   


  
  
  
   







   
  

I like going to Bonn.
Work I do there makes me happy.
I get a feeling I can change things that can not be changed.

This time I spent the entire week there.
And afforded myself not only business treats,
but sweet treats as well.
Other than HARIBO candies that are manufactured in Bonn.
But I like Haribo too.



Yes, I am silly.
Kill me - what can I do.

What are these treats you wander?
Well,
first of all I met some really interesting people there that week.
I was mostly all smiles because of it.
Nice.

Plus I enjoyed some really nice sushi, thanks to my new discovered friend Melissa.
Mandu is the place.
Small family run, Korean.
Just next to the University.
Loved it.






And then,
I afforded myself a lazy Sunday.
It did not matter that it was rainy, at one moment there was ice too.
Than it was warm and sunny.
Then all rain.
In just one day.
I was soaking wet.

But it did not matter.
And it did not matter that my plane was a little delayed that day, and that I have missed the bus to Bonn and waited an hour.
That's when I started chit chating with Melissa :).

I have settled that Sunday,
packed my little backpack *now it is green not red.
And headed to Drachenfels first.
Nice views, big park, nice walking paths.
Old train.
Two sites - an old ruin and some villa that looks like a castle.
You should have seen the custos's face when I approached and asked her where are the armours, shields and knights?
Ahahahahaha.
She was like "This is a 19th century building, and you are speaking of 14th century artefacts".
And I was like "Poor cheap bastards, all that money and they could not like get at least one armored knight".
:)

I liked it there.
Peaceful.
Nice views.







Hey, I can see the building where I worked that week.



Villa/castle looks nice.
Great park around it.











 The interior is nice.
I liked the big brown room.






And then - hey! A painting of me!


Decided to go all the way to the ruin.
There is a nice little restaurant there.
It started raining.
Again.







I liked Königswinter.
Very nice.
Drachenfels is just above it.








Since it was only 5 p.m. decided to follow the advice I got couple of days before and head t Cologne.

Now, that was my thing.
People.
Everywhere.
Big city.
Massiv cathedral.
Nice paths by the river.
Caffees filled with people.
Boats passing by.
One nice lighthouse.
And a chocolate factory!

Come on.

And it was sunny.
Spent the rest of that day there.



Un picolo caffee e una grande catedral.

  




I ended up at the mass there.
Loved it.
Too bad I was too tired to climb up.
Next time I guess ;).

And the old city Cologne is just charming.





Very nice.





And no, again I haven't bought Eau de Cologne.
:)


...


No comments: