Friday, May 8, 2015

Streets of Portoferraio and that Heaven on Earth that I call Elba.



I loved this tiny city.
Much.
It stole my heart completely.
All the greenery, smell of the pines and the sea.
Beautiful streets that go up and down and up and down.
Gelaterias & little taverns.
Un cafe grande con late.
Heaven it was that day for me.














I liked it much since it is a typical city.
I visited it during the working hours, it was Thursday.
In April.
Not many people around as you can see,but I do try to avoid having much people on photos.









That arch you see on the right, a pink one, is an entrance to the public school.
Much kids there.
Boys playing football in the narrow streets.
I liked that.








This is the place where you absorb in the sea, the greenery and all the colors of the sunshine.
I think I even managed to find the narrowest street of Portoferraio.
Gradinata Forte Stella.



 




And all these beautiful colors.
Birds singing.
Kids laughing.
Men on little motorcycles going who knows where....
























All roads should be taking you to Rome...
I go by that - but tend to not get to Rome.
Yet.



Like any city in Italy, this one has a nice main square.











And a church.
I liked this one here.
Quiet.
Sun playing with colorful windows.




You look funny when you twist your head like that.


I imagined what it would be like to live here.
What kind of house would I chose for myself.
Maybe one of these...





No. 
Not really.
If you knew me well you would know that it would be something like this.
A house with a view.


Imagine having coffee here in the morning.
Or late BBQs.
This terrace is amazing...


And this view...
Yes, I found my perfect place.
Look to the left.


And look to the right.


...
Decided to continue my walk.
If there were people in that house they probably thought I was a mad person.
"Move along people, nothing to see here" would be their words.
Lucky bastards they are :).
So I did move along.









And what do you think is the best way to spend the rest of the day here?
Take a wild guess.
...
The beach of course!
Apparently it was 10min walk from here.







I like it when blue and green are combined.
Just perfect.

 





The color of the water was amazing.
People sunbathing, riding bicycles, drinking coffee.
Pure joy.
This is a city beach.
White pebbles.
I bet it gets REALLY crowded during the summer season.


 
 

And, a perfect ending of a perfect day.
Walking barefoot in the sea.




Italy...
Enough said.
Where they call me bella gracia.
And where I feel like one.
:)








No comments: