Saturday, May 2, 2015

Montecatini Terme? Where the hac is that?


I was in Italy recently.
Had a long, very nice journey of many many miles.
My base was a place called Montecatini Terme.
Had a fairly nice room at the Hotel Ariston.
Top floor.
Big terrace.
Had it all just for myself.
Lucky bastard I am, I know.
:)
My days here started just after the sunrise.
I liked having coffee here.
Bright and chilly in the morning it was.
And just before my trips to places like Cinque Terre, Rapallo and Portofino, Isola d'Elba.
Montecatini Terme has a perfect position.
Close to Pisa, Florence anything actually.





My favorite cup that I tag along for years now, wherever I go.



Happy face.
These were my first rays of sun this year.
I got sick and tired of all the cold wintery like days.



My little wandering shoes.
Favorite pair.
I even bought the same pair again.
I was lucky to find them.


Nothing much happening here early in the morning.
Half past seven it was.




Lots of greenery and some nice parks.
Great for  walking the dog or jogging.
I wonder who lives in a place like this.
Doctors and nurses?




This place is famous for its thermal springs.
Several actually.
I do not use spas.
Am to much of a vivid character and I can not be sill for long at one place (except by the desk at my office but that is obligated by the law...).








Nice and quiet that walk was.





Tuscany's flora is mesmerising.



This is what you usually see on Montecatini Terme postcard.






 

Decided to test my luck and see if the funicular is functional that early in the morning.






Well, it was close by but they start at 09:30.
Too bad.
That means I would miss it.




Maybe I could go to the upper city by foot?
No, not really.
Way too far.




All of the sudden a 'do not go here' sign.
Tempting...

 


Decided to go, of course.
If someone stops me I would pretend I do not understand the sign.
And I can always start running. Fast.
:)



Hey, it was that castle I see at night from my terrace!
Turned out this is a hospital actually.
Sort of.


Time to move on.
Somewhere by the sea.


At evening, wine at the terrace watching the sunset.
A perfect lifecycle, isnt'it?
:)



I really miss this terrace sometimes...
I lied.
I miss it often.











No comments: