Monday, June 1, 2015

Suvenirs and little treats of Venice.



I got this mask in Venice.
Certificate claims handmade.
Nevermind if it was not.


I bought it because it reminded me of someone, plus I could not resist my favorite combination of colors.

What I liked the best of Venice was the food and wine.
And my favorite spot was that little piazza just behind the Rialto bridge.





This is the place to go back to.
Al Merca.




Funny people work there.
It is a tiny tiny tiny place.
Nice little sandwiches and wine served in tall glasses.
And you take it with you and eat and drink wherever.
Nice crowd around it.
And it is situated just right.
On that favorite piazza of mine and near the Canal Grande.





The market was really nice.







Narrow passages of Venice offer many little restaurants.
Trattoria.




If you like sitting by the water then chose any of the restaurants near the canals or at St. Mark's piazza.
There are at least several hundreds of them :).







Venice is packed with shops.
You can buy Dior, Chanel etc.
Or some local gear like this.










Very popular items are souvenirs made of Murano glass.






You can purchase masks.






Or toys.



Handcrafted items.







Or local music.



You can take a photo with one of the funny characters.


:)



Or you can pay 80EUR for a gondola ride *the price is for 6 people, which is quite manageable.



You can explore some antiques or old bookshops.



Or, you can decide to get a flag.
It was St.Mark's that day I visited Venice.
The second one from here is my favorite photo.




Well, if none of the mentioned suits you, there are more things to chose from.

Like selfie sticks that are very popular. 


Or one of these hideous things.
:) 



Whatever you choose I am sure you will enjoy it.

.........





No comments: