Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Sicilia. First set. Taken ten years ago...

I was in Sicily ten years ago with friends.
Giardini Naxos and Taormina.

  

Isola Bella.
Small pebbly beach under the beautiful Taormina.
Surrounded by nice villas.
The funny thing is,the train goes just right by the beach.




The beach is very narrow, but very popular.
You have cafes and restaurants.
Nice people you can meet.
It was late September, nit that crowded.
Just the way I like it.

  
  
This is why Sicilia is known as the Medusa Island.
Medusas are everywhere.
You sometimes had to go right trough them.
Luckily they were not there every day.
And they burn OMG!



These shiny things over the pebbles here are medusas.
Just look at them.



And here - this is my shoulder actually - medusa burn.


After I got burned 5 times, I finally became immune...
Maybe now I have superpowers - like Spiderman.
Only what wold my power be...
Hm, we all know how the Medusa ended up.



Tragically I am afraid.
:)

We did not kill these medusas.
They were washed out by the sea.





Training to become a roadkill...
Tipping, not looking, cars passing by driving like mad.
Walking backwards taking photos.
Good training that was :).
No sidewalk on the way to Isola Bella.
Hehe, now I remember I was making fun of a Korean friend who got hit by a car twice when he was in Calcutta, India * he was there for a week (!) - while I got hit by a little tourist train when I was in Budva, Montenegro.
Only because I was walking backwards.
:)




  
This was far most my favorite vacation/trip ever...
Happiest twelve days.




Taormina is just above the Giardini NAxos.
For fun, we used to go by bus to Taormina (look at the videos) and then all the way down to the beach by the cable car :).


Castelmola  - a tiny village over Taormina, was my favorite place there.


This is aerial view of Castelmola.



See the road?
The speed limit is 10-40km/h!
Magnificent...

This is the view of Taormina from one of the surrounding paths, you can see Teatro Greco and Isola Bella from here.


From the theater you can see Etna, which is usually covered in snow.













Tito beer.
Funny.
I threw it away recently.
Birra dalla Storia...
Some story it is.





Sunny place Sicilia is.
I have enjoyed it there much.
The crowd was nice.


  





  
Giuseppe, our waiter.
Such a nice guy.


Girls going out.
Fermata - waiting for a bus.
Hahahaha.
Ohhh, if I could turn back time...
  

The bus schedule.
Go figure.
Don't you just love it.
You would never know if bus would be there.
We rented a car upon arrival.
Some road trip it was.
L O V E D   IT!



Tiniest street in Sicily.
Vicolo Streto.
Nobody there.
:)

  
Eating out, moroccan it was - I think...


Walking into the sunset. 

   
And a few videos...
Road to Taormina 1.


Road to Taormina 2.


Cable car.


Back to Giardini Naxos :).


Let us repeat that.
:)
....




No comments: