Monday, February 16, 2015

The steam is on!



Parni valjak (The Steamroller)  is a Croatian and former Yugoslav rock band. 
They were one of the top acts of the former Yugoslav rock scene
and currently are one of the top rock-and-roll bands in Croatia.
The group was founded in 1975.
These are the covers of some of their famous LP's.





Now they look like this.


See the audience in the background?
Belgrade Kombank Arena, March 2014.

I JUST LOVE THIS BAND.
They are one of my favorite bands in the world.
Their music brings so much joy and the lead singer is really energetic.
Southern temper.
He is Macedonian, actually.
And is over 60 years old now.

A few days ago I was in Belgrade,
and I thought of this bend.
How great it would be if they came to my hometown.
And my friend send me a photo of the billboard - Hey you, look who is coming over!?!
Amazing.
Too bad this wishful thinking rarely worked on some other things in my life...

Whenever the steamroller is in my town, all the generations gather in one massive crowd.
Anticipation of the big event.
We do not get much of nice events like this one.
The sports hall was packed.
Look.
My silly friends managed to get us a really nice position.
Close to the stage and next to the beer.


Aki, the lead singer was in full motion.
I like that.
He is one of those man you can smile to all day without any particular reason.
And he is very tiny.
I could wear him like a broach next to my heart :).



  

And Huse.
With his funny hats.
The way he plays guitar...
Like Carlos Santana.


Audience was very thankful for the show.
Singing and screaming.
Asking for more and more.


I really enjoyed this concert.
To feel the atmosphere take a look at their live performance, Zagreb 2004.
'A doll for a ball.'


I like that one very much.
I sing it at our parties.



 And my friends just go crazy.





It is actually a very cheeky song.
'Come on baby, come.
Come to my room.
We will have a private ball.
It would be too bad if things go wasted,
since such a great couple we are.'
And she says:
'Hey stop!!!
What do you take me for!?!
You think I am just a girl for one night?'
But he continues:
'No, but I am here tonight only.
And I do not know when I will be here again.
So...
Come on baby, come.
Come to my room.
We will have a private ball.
It would be too bad if things go wasted,
since such a great couple we are.'

Funny&flirtatious.
Reminds me of someone.

But these three are my favorite.
Too bad I do not have a video so I had to borrow from You Tube.
'When she touches me', 


'Come to me' and 


'Everything still smells like her'.


'In my veins I still have her venom left
and the dose is  too large.
And I am kissing you
for not to get crazy and to forget about her.'

Sleazy, isn't it?
But the crowd always asks for more and more.
This concert was no different.
Screaming for more, whistling, pounding feet.

It is amazing what music does to my body.
Like a puppeteer it is.
Me being a puppet.
I can feel every single note and my body starts shivering.
I just LOVE to dance.
And sing.
Music gives me superpowers ;).

And this concert brought both smiles and tears to my face,
which is great.
It means it was a great concert
and a night to remember.

So thank you steamroller and hope to see you soon.




No comments: