Sunday, February 22, 2015

The invitation from National Geographic. Sort of.



We all had our moments growing up.
Chasing dreams.


I had quite some of mine.
Adventurous reporter&journalist being one.
Next new young zoologist.
Hehe. Kids.

I was top of the class, most of the time.
Loved any subject connected to nature - except physics...
If my biology teacher Mr E. needed help with the inventory, 
I would raise my hand up high in the sky like this.


Other students thought I was mad.
They did not care that back there, in that small storage behind the classroom, tiny treasures were hidden.
Maps from all those places you will never go.
Minerals and rocks from who knows where.
And tiny little insects and animals carefully pinned on boards or stored in jars.

Unfortunately, things out of my control happened in my country and I never grew up to be adventurous reporter&journalist or the next new young zoologist.
But I still have the same feeling when it comes to exploring nature.

And capturing all its beauty in one shot of the camera.

I love good photography.
Portrait.
Landscape.
Moment in life.

National Geographic tends to have all these.
Did you know that their first issue looked like this?


Published in 1888.

Portraits.


  


Moments in life.





Nature in it's full glory.





And magical landscapes.




If I had ten lives to live - they would not be enough to explore this all.
But I keep on dreaming.

These photos influenced a certain image to pop up in my head.


'Beautiful things don't ask for attention.
Come and explore them.
OR
translated comes to:


Hm,
what row do you think I would take?

Go figure...

...........

Meanwhile, while you are figuring - here is the latest National Geographic photo of the sleeping cougar.


Hehe.


So long people!


.......



No comments: