Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Greek bucket. The second one. We will see when.



I have recently made a detailed plan of my first trip to Greece.
Air fare is payed.
I just need to start the countdown - pack- and go.
Am very excited for this trip for numerous reasons:
1. This will be my first trip to Greece,
2. I will be visiting the capital - Athens,
3. Will be doing some sightseeing around Athens,
4. I am really looking forward to exploring Amorgos - very beautiful, remote island (NO rich party teenagers&students) where The Big Blue was filmed,
5. This will be my first solo female travel,
6. And the first time I will be taking 10 HOUR ferry ride.
Yey.
Sort of.
Hopefully it all goes well...

Greece is, like any other country, very diverse.


The minus is all the Balkan politics,
but since I am from the Balkans - this will be like staying home.
I decided that I will do the same thing I do back home when it comes to politics - ignore it as much as possible.

The pluses are - the climate, the big blue and beautiful landscapes.

We will grade the greeks themselves after I return.

All this planning and exploring Greece made me want to go there more often.
Vacation only.

Italy is my dream land.
Whenever and wherever I go in Italy is like a fairy tale.
Beautiful, most diverse country I have ever visited.
I like their attitude, language, climate, countryside, beautiful cities.
But,
if all goes well on this trip I have planned, 
I will start visiting Greece regularly - well, as much the wallet and the free time will allow...


So,
I made this small bucket list of places I would like to see and explore.
...
Everybody who knows me knows I am a sea kind of girl.
But I love to walk much, and recently discovered mountaineering - so along with the sea I plan to concor some mountains.
Well, THE MOUNTAIN.
Where the ancient Greek Gods settled.



The Olympus.
Concoring Mytikas is a must.
Over 2900m.
I red all the reviews, paths etc. and looks like I have found people who will follow.
Only downside is I need to find time for this.
Because, although this beautiful mountain is right by the sea - I do not plan to go vacationing on that part of Greek coast (Nei Pori etc.), numerous reasons why.
Timing here is crucial also because of the mountain itself.
Just look at it.
Is is so beautiful.




















I still can not believe they are doing this without the ropes...





Exploring Zagoria and surroundings.
Meteora. Vikos Gorge.










Arcadian Trails Activities

Arcadian Trails Activities




Let us go a bit more south.
Well south east actually.

Chios island.
No, not the freaking Ios party land.
Chios.
Just a few kilometers from Turkey.
Makes it difficult to reach from Bosnia...





Medieval Mesta of Chios.







Colorful Pyrgi of Chios.









Mastiha of Chios.







And why this mastiha drink here is called after Homer?

If you have never heard of him then you are completely illiterate.
The word is he is from Chios.


This is his rock. So they claim.
The most famous blind poet.
It is not known where he was born actually,
and apparently the word is he was buried at Ios, the partyland...

Beaches of Chios.




chios-beaches20.jpg

chios-beaches17.jpg

chios-beaches13.jpg

chios-beaches06.jpg

chios-beaches04.jpg

chios-beaches03.jpg




And then - Astypalaia island.
http://astypalaia-island.gr/en/



Astypalaia






















Apparently, ancient residents of Astypalaia were literate.
Even before the Acropolis was built in Athens, the first graffiti were carved into rocks of this remote island.
This one on the photo bellow is very rare, and tells a story about the love and lust of TWO MEN and this is the first known gay graffiti.
One greek once told me" All Greeks are gay - except for the women".
Hm.
:P


And then there is Milos island.
Milos has been on my bucket list for long.
It has very dramatic seashore.
Very nice.











No, Milos is not only cliffs.







...

When I am on vacation I need a lot of blue and green, well - colors in general.
And judging the photos - Greece might be the thing.
Though nothing so far could replace Italy...
And I need tranquility.
As in yoga we say - savasanah.
Zero stress.
And these islands seem very remote.
I like that.
Plus the food looks very delicious.

Namaste!
:)

...

To be continued...
With the greek bucket No. 2.
:)




No comments: